SHIPPING FROM NIGERIA TO THE UNITED STATES
The USA is the world’s top economy and largest market, and she does a lot of business with the rest of the world.
In 2018 alone, the US spent more than $2.6 trillion on imports from over 200 countries. America buys everything big and small – from machines and mineral oils to food products and pharmaceuticals.
Despite this huge and lucrative trade opportunity and a large African diaspora community in the States, Africa’s sales to the US only made up 1.4% of America’s total imports in 2018.
Besides raw goods and minerals, Africa and Nigeria, in particular, has a significant potential to boost its trade through export from Nigeria to the USA particularly in promising categories like food and fabrics.
In recent times, unique export products from Nigeria such as local foodstuffs, fabrics and spices have become promising business opportunities on the international market and these types of products present unique opportunities for entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
While shipping goods from Nigeria to the USA presents an attractive market, there is a technical side to excelling in the export business of shipping from Nigeria to the U.S, this technical side is known as compliance and that is why we at Shoptomydoor would help bridge that gap for you as we have the necessary compliance and FDA requirements for export of products to the United States.
Having trouble shipping from Nigeria to the USA?
Do you want cheap and reliable means of exporting from Nigeria to the USA?
Have you experienced hassles in the past while shipping /exporting your products?
If your answer is ‘Yes” to any of the above, then you need to try Shoptomydoor.
Shoptomydoor offers hassle-free, reliable and cheap means to export your products from Nigeria to the USA for as low as 5,000 naira
We are a haven for all your shipping concerns. With Shoptomydoor, you can export from Nigeria to the USA timely and without stress. Our team of experts is ever ready to meet your shipping needs.
At Shoptomydoor, we offer cheap shipping from Nigeria to the USA while rendering top-notch services. We give you the option to ship your products via Air Freight or by cargo shipping from Nigeria to the USA. Your choice determines the price you pay.
Shipping by air freight is faster but slightly more expensive when compared with shipping by cargo. Your goods are delivered in the USA with 3 to 5 business days by air freight while cargo shipping from Nigeria to the USA takes 6 to 8 weeks. Whichever method meets your personal/business need(s), be rest assured that the shipping from Nigeria to USA price we offer is second to none.
Click here to get a quote https://www.shoptomydoor.com/#shipping-cost
You can export a variety of goods including foodstuff to the USA provided they are not listed among prohibited goods. Please check our guide for prohibited goods, click to see the guide.
POTENTIAL CHALLENGES CUSTOMERS FACE AND BENEFITS OF USING SHOPTOMYDOOR FOR EXPORT TO THE U.S.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Unlike other shippers where the safety of your shipment is not guaranteed, Shoptomydoor has stood out over the years in safely delivering customer’s packages with no hitches. We guarantee you stress-free delivery of all consignments left in our care.
- Packaging: Proper packaging is necessary for products in order to withstand the temperature, handling and other vagaries in the shipping process. Our warehouse team is highly skilled in the packaging of items for export which ensures that your products reach the end-users in perfect condition.
- Logistics and Customs Clearance: This is another challenge faced by exporters. More often than not, individuals engaged in the business of export are given outrageous bills to clear their commodities by Customs. To avoid the hassles incidental to the clearing process, it is a better and wiser option to deal with a reputable logistics company that handles export and has a good track record of exports. That is where Shoptomydoor comes in; with our experienced and trusted clearing personnel, the usually tedious clearing process will be a walk in the park.
- Low Shipping Cost: Most customers are in need of affordable shipping services. At Shoptomydoor, our shipping rates are unbeatable amongst other shippers. Compared to the level of service that we offer; our rates are very cheap and affordable.
- Up to date Tracking System: We understand perfectly that every customer wants to be in control of their shipment, hence we worked based on feedback and provided a high class up to date tracking system. This way, we keep you updated with the progress of your shipment every bit of the way till it arrives its final destination.
- No shipment delays: Delays is one major challenge customers face with many shippers. With an in-depth understanding of how frustrating this can be, we came up with options to suit your needs. Our air priority transit time allows you to receive items in 3 to 5 business days while ocean shipping takes up to 8 weeks in transit to the USA. You can never experience delays as you do with other shippers.
- Dedicated Account Officer: Every customer wants to be heard and understood and that’s why we assign dedicated account officer to help you through any challenges and also have efficient and friendly customer service team waiting to serve you and give you that personalized touch always.
- Free export consultation: Our team of experts are willing and always ready to put you through the export process. Many shippers charge for this service but with Shoptomydoor we are willing to help you as your growth is our concern as well.
Register Now on www.shoptomydoor.com
AGOA AND ITS BENEFITS TO NIGERIANS EXPORTING FROM NIGERIA TO THE USA
Do you also know that an act was signed in the year 2000 under the US trade and development acts? How much have you benefitted from this act? Do you know the time to benefit is now? Have you heard of AGOA?
African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is a United States trade act. The legislation was enacted on 18 May 2000. It significantly enhances unhindered market access to the USA for Nigeria. Its purpose is to assist sub-Saharan economies (and Nigeria) improve economic relations with the USA. It provides trade preferences for quota and duty-free entry into the USA for certain goods.
Basically, it provides duty and quota-free market preferences for countries in the Sub Sahara including Nigeria. This means you can export products from Nigeria to the US without paying for duty.
Who doesn’t like duty free shipping? And guess what? AGOA is currently in the act until 2025. Now is the time to take ample opportunity of this act, in the next 5 years, it may not exist
WHAT PRODUCTS DOES AGOA COVER FOR EXPORT FROM NIGERIA TO THE US?
The products newly covered by the legislation include items such as:
- Agricultural products
- Apparel and footwear
- Motor vehicle components
BENEFITS YOU STAND TO GAIN EXPORTING FROM NIGERIA TO THE USA NIGERIA
So why is this act beneficial to you as an exporter? AGOA provides Nigerian exporters with numerous attractive advantages in doing international business:
- Duty-free access for eligible products to the USA: You are not paying a kobo as duty for air freight to the U.S, interesting, isn’t it?
- Significant competitive tariff advantages over non-AGOA countries: Other non-sub Saharan nations are still paying tariffs and duty. Your products definitely would be cheaper than theirs and you have an advantage over them.
- Encouragement of regional integration and production sharing among beneficiary countries.
- Security of the act ensured until 2025: Until 2025, you can be sure to enjoy this great opportunity
CHALLENGES FACED WITH AGOA
- Packaging and labelling: If you can ensure proper packaging, then you are good to go
- The unwillingness of our people to take risks associated with export business: You aren’t going to snooze on this, are you?
- Lack of basic information about doing business in the US market: Lack of basic information on export has hindered a lot of people from thriving in the export industry.
- Inadequate training on the export process.
- Weak infrastructure – energy, transportation, water, information technology (IT), etc
Shoptomydoor has got you covered. You can join our CEO every Tuesday and Friday by 7pm as he takes you extensively on how to export products from Nigeria to the US.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BENEFIT FROM AGOA
For formal exports the following documents will be required at different stages of the export process:
- EXPORTER REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS:
The first step of your export procedure is registration as an exporter with NEPC. In order to venture into the export business this is required. In summary:
(A) Document issued – exporter’s certificate
(B) Issued by – NEPC
(C) Relevancce – it licenses you as an exporter and makes you eligible for NEPC-benefits
- EXPORT CONTRACT DOCUMENT:
An export contract is an agreement between seller and buyer on the terms of export business:
(A) Document issued – a signed export contract
(B) Issued by – you as an exporter and the importer
(C) Relevance – it spells out the obligations of buyer and seller
- EXPORT CONTRACT DOCUMENT:
QUALITY ASSURANCE DOCUMENTS
Quality assurance documents help you to ensure your exported goods conform to safety measures (as stated by international conventions and possibly agreed terms of the contract). Using international recognized bodies is very important.
Depending on the nature of the products that you are exporting from Nigeria to the US, the required documentations varies.
Do you know you don’t have to stress yourself acquiring all these documents? I earlier mentioned to you that Shoptomydoor has all necessary compliance and documentation to ensure you enjoy this duty-free cargo shipping to the US.
Please watch this video to see our vision for Export Business.
The Shoptomydoor Advantage:
These amongst various other reasons is why you need to rely on Shoptomydoor on how to export goods from Nigeria to USA.
- Air Shipping: This is the fastest means of shipping from Nigeria to the United States. We have available two options for air delivery just so as to meet your needs
- Air priority: You are guaranteed delivery in 3 to 5 business days to anywhere in the U.S
- Air Standard: Shipping from Nigeria to the US through this option, you get to have your air freight delivered in 7 to 11 business days.
- Ocean shipping: Ocean cargo shipping from Nigeria to the US via this method is significantly different.
If you are a big exporter, you can opt for a full container which can either be 20ft or 40ft. Shoptomydoor offers cheap ocean shipping from Nigeria to the US.
- Customs Clearing: The moment you hand over your export items to us, we take on the responsibility of ensuring your items gets to the final destination. We handle the clearing at the ports both seaports and airport and ensure you have a seamless experience exporting products from Nigeria to the US
- Refund Policy: We guarantee you 100% money back if anything happens to your shipment
- Door to door delivery: All export products from Nigeria can be delivered to any state in the US right at the doorstep of the recipient.
- Commercial or Personal Cargo Shipping: We handle report at both commercial or individual levels. So whether you are an individual or company exporting products to the US, we guarantee you exceptional services.
HOW WE EXPORT PRODUCTS FROM NIGERIA TO USA
- Drop off your items at our Lagos office located at 14 Akinremi Street off Awolowo Way, Ikeja
- For those outside Lagos, drop off your products at the nearest, major Red Star office or any of our partner locations in Nigeria. All items MUST be packaged to ensure they cannot be damaged in transit
- Ensure you have proper documentation and packaging. Please refer to our documentation and packaging guide (insert a link to this document)
- WE DO NOT SHIP ITEMS ON THE PROHIBITED LIST. Click to read more
- Once your items are updated, you log in to your account and make payment.
- We ship your items and deliver to your preferred US destination address.
- Items can also be picked up items at our warehouses (in Houston and Atlanta)
With the knowledge of the information above, you may want to know the categories of export products from Nigeria to the USA. A lot of people think it’s only oil-related products that can be exported but that is not true. It may interest you to know that they are a lot of made in Nigeria products that are yielding foreign exchange.
Exporting non-oil products to the U.S. All you need is to have a company such as Shoptomydoor that is export ready and adhere to the strict international standards guarding import and export.
COMMONLY EXPORTED PRODUCTS FROM NIGERIA TO THE U.S
Ginger is one of the most traded spices in the world which Nigeria happens to be among the largest producers. Why we are not exporting ginger in large quantity is beyond me. You can start a business with this product and be making dollars on regular basis. Garlic is also on top of the list of items you can export from Nigeria to the US at cheap price
- Textiles and Garments
This industry alone generates close to $32bn as revenue from export from Nigeria. It is also a fact that unlike other products that battles with high strict rules of tests, Nigeria’s textiles enjoy duty free passage into United States where it has the largest market in the world because of its unique designs, ethnic African designs and quality.
- Cocoa Butter
This is the real sources of chocolates of all types. The fruits of Cocoa is used for the production of various skin care products, health products, and pharmaceutical products. The demand for Cocoa is very high in both America and UK and that is why cocoa farming is very essential in Nigeria. Export of this product from Nigeria to the USA would fetch you good money
This is a clay-like solid substance gotten from the gallbladder of matured cow and oxen. The size could be as big as chicken egg. Gallstone is a hotcake for foreign pharmaceuticals because they use it for medical purposes. If you could lay your hand a good quantity of well dried gallstone about 100g that is well packaged, ready buyers are waiting for it in America.
Nigeria has put in place proper Central Testing Laboratories to ensure that only certified export products leave Nigeria to America. Nigeria happens to be a significant producer of Rubber in Africa. A cubit meter of fine quality rubber goes for between $400 and $600 presently because of the instability of dollar rate in the market.
- Sesame Seed
This may sound a bit strange if you are not from the area where it is produced in the country. Sesame seed can be found in quantity in places like Benue and Jigawa states in Nigeria. This product ranks second to cocoa in terms of export volume and foreign exchange earnings. Nigeria is the 5th largest producer of this commodity and shipping it into foreign countries like the US brings dollars to exchange.
Pure honey is another export product from Nigeria to the US. Presently, a kilogram of honey costs above $150 in the international markets. Pure natural honey contains trace enzymes as sugar, mineral, vitamins and amino acids. A litre of honey can fetch good dollars in the foreign market.
Garlic is a cash crop which is grown under irrigation by farmers in the Savanna areas in Nigeria. With internationally certified good quantities of garlic, you are sure of foreign hard currencies.
- Yam Flour
Nigeria is presently the highest producers of yam. In 2009 alone, yam export accounted for about US$450 million exchange. But due to low quality, it is saddening to know that the country is not maximizing its export potentials of this products. So there is need for prospective exporters of yam to foreign countries to adhere to quality regulations that is guarding the process. Yam farmers must take this into consideration and tap from this opportunity.
This is at the fore front in the international market. This product which is produced in good quantity in Nigeria with now perfected technology, has about 50% ROI. Even an individual can own a charcoal production outfit and have exporters shipping it for him. A large market for charcoal exists in USA. A tone of this product goes for about $1000.
This sector recently received a boost from the National Cotton Association of Nigeria (NACOTAN) of N33 million to rehabilitate it. Cotton is the most natural sources of fiber and it is in demand internationally. Export of this product to the US can fetch you a lot of money.
- Cassava Flour
We already know that Cassava is food for all in Nigeria because of various methods of preparing it. There is market for this export product in the US and foreign markets as well.
- Cashew Nuts
Almost every part of the country has the potential to produce this international commodity. Great quantity of unprocessed raw cashew nuts can be exported from Nigeria to the US and this can in turn yield money.
- Chili Pepper
Nigeria is blessed with good weather which supports the proper growths and production of the internationally accepted pepper. If you can grow and source for the export opportunity, you are sure to get it.
- Fruit Juice
It may sound somewhat strange to many that Nigeria provide export opportunity for fruit juice concentrates. Yes, we have it because Nigeria can boast of so many naturally grown fruits all over the country which provides the best of fruit juice products of great quality. The opportunity for Nigerian fruits concentrates export is huge in USA
- And many more!
No Delays – Over 95% of our shipments to Nigeria arrive on time.
For years, our focus has been on offering shipping services to Nigeria that arrive on time. With a dedicated team of over 50 employees, no one delivers faster and cheaper than Shoptomydoor.
No Missing or Damaged Items – Over 99.99% of our items arrive in perfect order
Unlike other shippers, we ensure that we properly package your shipments to meet the required standards thereby also avoid issues of missing and/or damaged items. Should anything happen even after all this, you are 100% covered by insurance.
Well trained customer service team available 18 hours a day.
Our team of customer service experts are always ready to answer to all enquires and questions. You can send an email to contact@shoptomydoor and also reach us on 07008008000.
Nationwide delivery – We deliver to every corner in Nigeria in perfect condition.
Regardless of the state in the U.S, we guarantee your delivery to the doorstep.
With over 10 years of experience shipping to Nigeria, we know how to ensure that there are no hidden costs at any time. Whether paying in the USA or paying in Nigeria, what you pay once is what you pay. This may differ when shipping very expensive items such as costly electronics. Click here to see our shipping cost calculations.